Tuesday, June 10, 2014

                                                REFLECTION ESSAY

Marie S. Civil
Professor; Dr. Smith Jason
Eng 101
06/10/14


English is not my first language, I was born and raised to a bi-language family my Mom speaks Creole, My Dad speaks French and Creole and my grandfather spoke Spanish. I grew up in the Middle of it, as an international student who tried so hard to add on what i already had; I thing I'm doing better than before. It is easy to study than write when it comes to a strange language, I started to write as a kindergarten kid but after I started to read and used some of the writing strategies you personally taught us. I think I'm on the right track now Dr. Smith, and I have learned a lot, even something I felt so bored when it comes to write but your strategy helped me a lot. The blogs assignments, the online quizzes and reading they were very helpful.


I'm on the right track now I'm better than before, I can write seven pages paper and do more than I could before. And the fast food nation project we were working on taught me a lot, it gave me so much knowledge and open my eyes more about how the fast food industry are using their own strategies to trick people. Things are not always the way people are seen them, there is a black side of it. For example Mc Donald they are using young attractive people to work for them so they can be popular, using kids by created things as; toys, commercials, and other staff. For now I know how to deal with my soon when it comes to fast food.

And in the case of farming I also learned a lot about how the antibiotics and animals, according to a research I have done so far on this subject “antibiotics and animals"  I have found that the farmers used the antibiotics not only to treat the animals but to make them growth faster and produced more. This caused a lot of controversy these days because people wandered if it is good or bad or harm to the consumers. This is a long debate but we can have a better idea so far.



I'm so grateful to have a Professor like Dr. Jason Smith and looking forward to have my 102 with you Professor I think you for everything that you have done so far. You are a great Professor with a good heard so patient, and kind. I wish you all the best and I will see you for my # 102. 

No comments:

Post a Comment